Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AIRSOFT IS LEGAL IN CANADA.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liner should keep you warm. Thick socks will help with the boots. My jump boots aren't that great either but thick socks and as long as the feet keep dry they are fine.

The BAR at 330fps... did you chnage the inner barrel to get that? It's getting closer to being an actual support weapon.
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess some news that has come up recently regarding this topic.

Supposedly (as I am hearing things)

Here is what Saint is doing/has done.
If you up the guns FPS to 430, it is now officially labelled as un regulated firearm.

CBSA has rules on those, and are imported as such (which has been done)

Once they hit Canada, there is free reign to upgrade or downgrade the gun as please. In this case they downgrade the FPS back to what it was so it's not shooting hot.

Back in 2005 there was a guy Peter Kang who did this, except he got lazy and stopped upgrading the FPS to 430, randomly got a shipment checked and was busted for not upgrading the guns to the required FPS. So that stopped that.

My guess is the Saint has re-opened the books with CBSA and is just repeating what was done back in 2005 as I mentioned above.

Again, this is just how I am hearing things and putting some things together.

The saying "Airsoft is legal in Canada" is moot-ish. It's more so "There's laws we have finally gotten CBSA to acknowledge and understand so we can now import SOME things! hurray"

Hopefully though with this movement, it will open the doors up slowly and one day have free reign.

Good move on Saints part, but I think a little too much word play has possibly been done to make things sound better then they are.

Last edited by Johann Hansen on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Souk
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that I have heard this as well.

I'm still not sure one the legal parts of this, but Do you have to RAISE the FPS to 430 or does it have to be LOWER then 430?

I'v heard of a couple of people actually importing Airsoft stuff in legally by this method. However if you have the right paperwork, I was told you still can be turned away.

I'm sure The Saint has gone to tremendous amount of work, to get this smooth. I heard he has been trying to get this going for 3 years. So we'll see how it goes.
shiftsup
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leecas wrote:
The BAR at 330fps... did you chnage the inner barrel to get that? It's getting closer to being an actual support weapon.

Yeah, I replace the ridiculously short stock 502 mm barrel with a tighbore barrel intended for a PSG-1. Also replaced the very hard stock hop up rubber with a Guarder clear w/nub.

I am hoping the mechbox is just a modified v3. Then I just replace the usual parts and it'll be good to go.

That is the plan. To have an actual WW2 support airsoft gun.

Just not sure if I'll be able get to it before the 14th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: