Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adrenaline Paintball Field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Adrenaline Paintball Field Reply with quote

Well here is my review of the Adrenaline Paintball Field.

We played a full day of skirmishes there and I thought that I would give my opnion of what I thought about the field... the good and the bad.

Let's start with the bad...

The price is $25 which is the same as Flag Raiders but without the free all-you-can eat hotdogs and drink. I was fine with that but I thought that I would be able to buy something for lunch... I was wrong. So make sure that you bring your lunch or snacks with you.

You have to use Bio BBs and they would like you to buy theirs. I bought a bag of .25 (4000 count) for $35. I think that's a little pricy myself since I can buy the same thing in non-bio for $20. This may turn players off since as airsofters we are used to buying and using our own BBs. I guess the use of Bios has something to do with a endangered snake or something. On the positive side... the bbs did not break in my gun but I did find them a little light. There was very little wind that day but the bbs were still turning.

I must be honest that I got a little pissed off when I was told and forced to get a barrel sock for my Thompson even though I had my barrel plug on it. I've been doing this long enough that I know that it all has to do with safety but IMHO there is nothing safer then a Thompson barrel plug. There is no way for it to accidently fall off and you can let off a full burst and the bbs will not get through the plug. The only way to get the plug off is for you to remove it, unlike the sock which fell off a couple of times during the day. I tried to make my case but I was told that I would have to either purchase or rent one of theirs. After I calmed down I realized that it's his field, his rules and I would have to go along with them. I don't have to like it but I do have to obey it. So be warned, even though you may have a perfectly good and safe barrel plug make sure that you take a barrel sock for your gun(s).

Okay, now for the fields. The urban field is nothing to brag about. It's no better nor worse then any urban field at any other paintball field. The castle is a nice touch... a lot like the drug lab at the old Flag Raiders. They are still working on it and they say they will be making it into three stories... so that could make it interesting.

The Normandy field... again nothing too great about this field. They do have a landing craft with a working door. But the field is flat and a short run to the trenches. Both the old Normandy field and the new one were/is at Flag Raiders are more challenging.

The wooded fields... now here are the real gems of this paintball field. Most of them are large with a variety of woods, buildings (single and 2 level), bunkers, roads, hills. It was a great time skirmishing in these fields and I see a lot of potential for milsim games there. I can see combining a few of their wooded fields to run milsim games. A winter game in their would also be very cool!

So, over all I liked the field. Would I host skirmish days there... probably not. Flag Raiders would be my choice to host a skirmish day because of the free hotdogs, no limit to what bbs you can use and it's more central for players. Would I skirmish there again... yes, because it's close to home and I did like the field.

Would I host milsim games there... in a heart beat! As long as we could get multiple wooded fields to use for the day. And by the sound of it Greg (the owner) would be up for it if we had the numbers. He mentioned 20 to 30 players would be needed, which I don't see that as a problem.
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nail on the head for most part there Lee.

I was a bit narked about the lack of food as well, but then I guess we're spoiled with the FlagRaiders rot dogs. The positive side of that being I didn't need a seat belt for sitting on the can the following morning.

Personally, I'm not that bothered about using Bio BB's there, me and Ian split of bag .20's (5000 for $35) so the cost isn't unduly expensive. We probably went through half the bag or so. I was actually impressed by their performance, obviously the ballistics of the Bio's are a bit different which needed a hopup adjustment, but once that was done they performed flawlessly. I didn't have much side to side deviation at all. I think I might switch to them instead of BB Bastards, purely because of the tree huggy environmental aspects.

What I did like about the day was the owner. He seemed very keen on tapping the airsoft market and the impression I got was he would update or adapt the field to suit. All in all I think this field would suit us better for the longer scenario based games we all seem to like (so the lack of food point becomes moot), but I agree that FlagRaiders makes a better skirmish field at the moment.

It would be nice to have two good field options though, especially if there is a FlagRaiders skirmish day that has gamers you may have had bad experiences with in the past.

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
mr.shiney
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trading emails with Greg of AP lately. He is very eager to start a tradition of Airsoft Milsim events that are full field.

He has even indicated about having an event that starts at 1800 to 2100 on the first day. Then camp overnight, as he cannot have overnight games, due to his neighbours. Then restart the game at 0900 the next day going again to 1800 or so, on the second day.

6 Section, 2 Forward Observation Unit Airborne, Royal Artillery
Level 2 Certified BA Sniper
Sniper Instructor (Fieldcraft)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: