Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New section added on the Forum section of General

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> OWWIIR Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: New section added on the Forum section of General Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've added a new sub section in the General section on the forums... it's called Links to Corporate Sponsors of our website

It pretty much explains itself.

The reason why this has been added? Well, it comes down to raising funds to keep this website going and for other projects. Other then me flipping for the cost of running this website I rely on our members to contribute funds and some of you have done so and it is always greatly appreciated. However, it's only a small number of members that have contributed... not trying to put a guilt trip on anyone just trying to point out that it's not fare to let others shoulder the costs.

Advertising dollars will help to pay for the website and as I mentioned other projects. So if you have a business or know someone that does and would like to advertise on our website then please feel free to contact me.

Don't get me wrong here... I'm not trying to make a profit by no means, nor am I looking to cover our website with ads. But there are costs to running this website and this helps to cover these costs. And like I said it could also help pay for projects.

One project that I was putting money aside for was an Officer's Tent that can be used at different events to either sleep in or house our gear. The good news is that, because of the Wolf pack guys donating one, I no longer need to buy one until we keep growing and need a second Tent or more. New project is to purchase a replica T5 Parachute - full gear will run about $1500 US - this can be used at living history events. Another project, much smaller and have started on it, is a WWII camo net... material costs are going to be about $200 to $300.

I've said this before and I guess I will say it again... If you like what we've done here and want to help out then click on that paypal button. I'm not asking for a lot here guys... whatever you can afford... maybe even just the cost of an airsoft game or a bag of BBs.

Jumping off my soap box now. Smile
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three new sections have been added to the forum.

Member's WWII Vehicles

Allied WWII Films

Axis WWII Films
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Lee!

Looking great that's for sure, got to say I already am fond of the Film sections!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> OWWIIR Website All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: