Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British 6th Airborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogfood
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
welcome to the crack cocaine that is WW2 re-enacting!
Glynn.

Its much worse than that, much, much worse!
Souk
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Always great to see more Brits out there on the lines. More bodies, more to shoot at, less of me getting hit!!

Na, just joking around. But I'd like to learn more about some of the history of the Can Airborne.

Welcome aboard, and look forward to fighting with you..
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say its more of crack cocaine mixed with heroine mixed with speed mixed with mushrooms mixed with Guiness, and your STILL not even close!
mr.shiney
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, so I will be starting to purchase my Smock and Para BD Trousers shortly for my impression of a Bdr FOO Tech from 2 Foward Observation Unit Royal Artillery. The Pongos might need a Drop Short around. I will be attending the 22NOV09 Event
mr.shiney
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members 6th Airborne. I had a brilliant time out with you gents. Up to this point most of the games have been 1 to 2 hours scenario based skirmishes, or quick skirmshes. Today was the Crack Cocaine that I have been craving.

I do plan on having Smock, Pants, Ammo Boots, and Belt Kit by the next game. And hopefully a Sten Shortly. Yes the below listed quotes are just so true.

That first Chance Contact - Close Quarters Contact on Hill 23 when siting the Sniper Det.

Sitting on Stag with Ian (Mac-Jock), constantly hearing movement and voice, but nothing shows up.

Crawling to medic - Ian but tagged by the Bosch only 5 metres away.

The Recce Patrol that turned into a run and gun Hasty Ambush, with Yorkie.

It was great to get out and meet new faces to names. I cannot wait to do that again.

Yorkie wrote:
welcome to the crack cocaine that is WW2 re-enactingGlynn.

MrEvolution wrote:
id say its more of crack cocaine mixed with heroine mixed with speed mixed with mushrooms mixed with Guiness, and your STILL not even close!
Boche
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.shiney wrote:

Crawling to medic - Ian but tagged by the Bosch only 5 metres away.

That 'Bosch' has a name, and it's spelled MEMEL, haha.

Seriously though, I give full credit to Ian. Many people in his situation, either intentionally or unintentionally will look to where they were shot from, thus giving away the shooters position. He didn't do that.....and unfortunately for you, it got you shot.

I, on the other hand, was quite pleased.
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memel wrote:

Seriously though, I give full credit to Ian. Many people in his situation, either intentionally or unintentionally will look to where they were shot from, thus giving away the shooters position. He didn't do that.....and unfortunately for you, it got you shot.

I, on the other hand, was quite pleased.

I make a conscious effort not to do that, as it really isn't fair, seeing as I am "in too much pain from being shot" to care what you are doing. I also realized after I called medic that I doomed my ally to the same fate as me. I do fall in respect to the direction I am hit from compared to the direction I was running.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
mr.shiney
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memel wrote:
That 'Bosch' has a name, and it's spelled MEMEL,

Yes that Bosch has a name, sodding little punter that shoots a man trying to save a mate - WANKER . But Memel, a great kill, I knew that the otherside of the riverbed should not be able to get a shot at me. I never figured that Jerry was that close. Very well played
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: New Recruit Reply with quote

I have the pleasure in announcing a new recruit for 6th Airborne, Private Alec Wilson. Pte Wilson will be putting his kit together over the coming year or so, please give him any help he might need.

Welcome aboard, Private!

Cheers,

Glynn.

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know our ranks are growing at such a great rate. I encourage him to come out to Cougar, even in a partisan role, and we can dig up a rental for him.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: New Recruit Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
I have the pleasure in announcing a new recruit for 6th Airborne, Private Alec Wilson. Pte Wilson will be putting his kit together over the coming year or so, please give him any help he might need.

Welcome aboard, Private!

Cheers,

Glynn.

Thanks again Glynn. I appreciate the opportunity to join this group. I'm kind of glad you talked me into it.

I am starting out on a limited budget. So far, I have some things I can use, but there are lots I still need.

First thing I will need is a P-37 Denison Smock. If it is from WhatPriceGlory.com, I need the 2nd pattern. I need an XL, or XL Long. Maybe a L-Long would work too; I don't know. I am 6'2" 217lbs. Does anyone know of a less expensive place to get a P-37 denison smock? Would anyone have a 2ndhand one I could purchase?

There is an army surplus close to me in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. KW Surplus I believe is the name. They supposedly carry 10 1/2" Maroon berets. Is there anyone here who has seen the berets at KW surplus? If so, how do they look as a 6th Airborn Beret?

I already have:
Hunting/hiking boots. 9" high, black leather, combat style, no toecap or hobnails.
Khaki fingerless gloves
Mess kit with enamel mug
Military folding shovel
Real WWII surplus Bergen rucksack:) BONUS!!

I'll have to get the P-37 skeleton webbing later, as i can't afford both it and the smock to start with. Unless there is a cheap 2ndhand set someone has for sale?

I figure the smock and beret, plus my hunting boots and khaki cargo pants ought to be enough to make me recogniseable as a 6th airborn member to begin with. After I get the webbing, I'll get the P-37 denims, as they are $86 less than the para pants, and look close enough to begin with. As much as i'd like the real deal impression, I am on a budget, so I will have to start slowly, and work gradually towards a full impression.

The other item I obviously need is an airsoft weapon. I have decided I would like a Sten Mk.II. However, they are hard to come by, and out of my price range at the moment. Is there any chance someone could rent or lend me any WWII weapon for my first few skirmishes? Or, would it be acceptable if I borrowed my brother's Aftermath Kraken AK-47, and claimed it was a StG44 I took off a dead German?

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

Alec Medemblik

Cpl. Alec Wilson (Re-enactor)
1st Battalion Essex Regiment
British 14th Army
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: New Recruit Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
First thing I will need is a P-37 Denison Smock. If it is from WhatPriceGlory.com, I need the 2nd pattern. I need an XL, or XL Long. Maybe a L-Long would work too; I don't know. I am 6'2" 217lbs. Does anyone know of a less expensive place to get a P-37 denison smock? Would anyone have a 2ndhand one I could purchase?

There is an army surplus close to me in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. KW Surplus I believe is the name. They supposedly carry 10 1/2" Maroon berets. Is there anyone here who has seen the berets at KW surplus? If so, how do they look as a 6th Airborn Beret?

I already have:
Hunting/hiking boots. 9" high, black leather, combat style, no toecap or hobnails.
Khaki fingerless gloves
Mess kit with enamel mug
Military folding shovel

I'll have to get the P-37 skeleton webbing later, as i can't afford both it and the smock to start with. Unless there is a cheap 2ndhand set someone has for sale?

The other item I obviously need is an airsoft weapon. I have decided I would like a Sten Mk.II. However, they are hard to come by, and out of my price range at the moment. Is there any chance someone could rent or lend me any WWII weapon for my first few skirmishes? Or, would it be acceptable if I borrowed my brother's Aftermath Kraken AK-47, and claimed it was a StG44 I took off a dead German?

Alec Medemblik

Alec,

What you have is great to begin with.

The Denison from WPG is the best deal out there, there are other makers that in truth are better quality but are around the $350 range. I wouldn't want to be crawling around on a regular basis in one of those. So I'm afraid you will just have to suck up the cost of the WPG one. You could always keep an eye on eBay for Denisons too. You will need to get a P37 web belt though. Wearing the Denison is like wearing a tent, you will need a belt to gather it all in at the waist. I'm sure one of our members here might have a spare, if not, again eBay is your friend, but make sure you get one long enough. If you could make it out next Sunday afternoon to the Flagraiders game and actually see the Denisons, that would give you an idea of sizing, I'm guessing you would need a large, long.

As for the beret at KW surplus, just check whether it has the cardboard stiffener in the front. If it does, just carefully slice the lining inside and remove it, you will be good to go then. I know a guy who does replicas of the King's Crown cap badge, $20 I think he charges.

Don't worry about weaponry, you can definitely use the Kraken to begin with, I have a Thompson you could borrow as well, though it doesn't shoot as hard as the Kraken.

Cheers,

Glynn.

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think replicaters.com has a cheapy smock as well but I cannot remember the price off hand. Their page doesnt load properly at school either for me to check.
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New Recruit Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
Alec wrote:

I already have:
Khaki fingerless gloves
Mess kit with enamel mug
Military folding shovel

Alec Medemblik

Alec,

What you have is great to begin with.

The Denison from WPG is the best deal out there, there are other makers that in truth are better quality but are around the $350 range. I wouldn't want to be crawling around on a regular basis in one of those. So I'm afraid you will just have to suck up the cost of the WPG one. You could always keep an eye on eBay for Denisons too. You will need to get a P37 web belt though. Wearing the Denison is like wearing a tent, you will need a belt to gather it all in at the waist. I'm sure one of our members here might have a spare, if not, again eBay is your friend, but make sure you get one long enough. If you could make it out next Sunday afternoon to the Flagraiders game and actually see the Denisons, that would give you an idea of sizing, I'm guessing you would need a large, long.

As for the beret at KW surplus, just check whether it has the cardboard stiffener in the front. If it does, just carefully slice the lining inside and remove it, you will be good to go then. I know a guy who does replicas of the King's Crown cap badge, $20 I think he charges.

Don't worry about weaponry, you can definitely use the Kraken to begin with, I have a Thompson you could borrow as well, though it doesn't shoot as hard as the Kraken.

Cheers,

Glynn.

I'd like to make it out to the Flagraiders, but I will be at church on Sunday. Any days but Sundays, I should be able to make it.

Alec

Cpl. Alec Wilson (Re-enactor)
1st Battalion Essex Regiment
British 14th Army
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there all day if you just want to stop by and check out the uniform and gear. Don't need to play but this would be a good chance to meet some of the guys and check things out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Units All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: