Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British 6th Airborne
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leecas
SITE ADMIN


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3558
Location: London, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: British 6th Airborne Reply with quote

The British 6th Airborne roster has just been updated.

Please welcome Cpl. Doug McGregor (MightyMouse) to the unit.
_________________
1Lt. Lee Cassar (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Lee.

Welcome to the unit Cpl. McGregor, I look forward to the difference you will make.

I would like to also thank and congratulate Rob (Dogfood) on taking the rank of Colour Sergeant, you now command the unit, thanks Colour!

Cheers,

Glynn
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youonlywish
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome... Good to see an expansion.
Back to top
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youonlywish wrote:
Welcome... Good to see an expansion.


I think anyone would be happy with a 200% increase in enlistment! Laughing

Glynn.
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leecas
SITE ADMIN


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3558
Location: London, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The British 6th Airborne roster has just been updated.

Please welcome Pvt. Jeff Savage (Double Tap) to the unit
_________________
1Lt. Lee Cassar (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dogfood
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 686
Location: Oakville

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all ! I'm working on a couple more guys for the unit. Let you know as soon as I convert them Twisted Evil
_________________
1 CanPara / Grossdeuschland Division
Way to much stuff but still adding
And if all else fails USE THE SHOVEL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Double Tap
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks leecas for putting my name up,I will try and be there at the convention. HUZZA!
Back to top
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A warm welcome to the unit Jeff, it would be great if you could make it out to the convention, more people there will definitely generate more interest.

The only way is up!

Cheers,

Glynn.
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this makes it a 300% increase! LOL

Glynn.
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leecas
SITE ADMIN


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3558
Location: London, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
And this makes it a 300% increase! LOL

Glynn.


It's good to see the Allies growing... even if it isn't Easy Coy. Very Happy
_________________
1Lt. Lee Cassar (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leecas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
And this makes it a 300% increase! LOL

Glynn.


It's good to see the Allies growing... even if it isn't Easy Coy. Very Happy


Lee, this is beyond my wildest expectations. If you would have told me at the start of the year there would be four people in the unit I would have said you're a headcase.

I would say we have another one person as a definite for next year also, so next year should be even better.

Incidentally, when me and Rob were at one of the skirmish games earlier this year, there was quite a bit of finger pointing and talk among a group of folk of pensionable age, which certainly made me feel good. I suppose it brings back memories for some, I only hope we do those memories justice.

But anyway, here's to the future!

Glynn.
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leecas
SITE ADMIN


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3558
Location: London, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
leecas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
And this makes it a 300% increase! LOL

Glynn.


It's good to see the Allies growing... even if it isn't Easy Coy. Very Happy


Lee, this is beyond my wildest expectations. If you would have told me at the start of the year there would be four people in the unit I would have said you're a headcase.

I would say we have another one person as a definite for next year also, so next year should be even better.

Incidentally, when me and Rob were at one of the skirmish games earlier this year, there was quite a bit of finger pointing and talk among a group of folk of pensionable age, which certainly made me feel good. I suppose it brings back memories for some, I only hope we do those memories justice.

But anyway, here's to the future!

Glynn.


I know exactly what you mean Glynn... when I started this everyone kept saying that it was tried before and it failed. I would be running around the field and I'd hear "hey, WWII guy" and know that they were yelling at me because I was the only one in WWII gear. That's not the case any longer. I'm really amazed at how quickly this has grown and the quality of members that we have. I think we will continue to stand out in the airsoft community and not only because of our uniforms.
_________________
1Lt. Lee Cassar (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 940
Location: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether I should thank or curse you for starting this and Rob for getting me into it, this has become an almost overwhelming addiction!

Though it is satisfying to keep the memories of these people alive in our own way.

Glynn.
_________________

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leecas
SITE ADMIN


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3558
Location: London, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
I don't know whether I should thank or curse you for starting this and Rob for getting me into it, this has become an almost overwhelming addiction!

Though it is satisfying to keep the memories of these people alive in our own way.

Glynn.


LOL... Again, I know exactly wht you mean. Once you start you just can't stop.
_________________
1Lt. Lee Cassar (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER


Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1089
Location: Thorold, On

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leecas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
I don't know whether I should thank or curse you for starting this and Rob for getting me into it, this has become an almost overwhelming addiction!

Though it is satisfying to keep the memories of these people alive in our own way.

Glynn.


LOL... Again, I know exactly wht you mean. Once you start you just can't stop.


Getting Kit is like Lays Chips, You cant have just one!
_________________
Pfc. Sam Cino (Re-enactor)
Dog Company 2/506th
101st Airborne.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Units All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group