Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shortened M1910 T - Handle Shovel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Shortened M1910 T - Handle Shovel Reply with quote

Looking for a Reg. size m1910 t handle shovel to trade for my shortened m1910 t handle shovel. Sometimes called the "Paratrooper" model which is False, these were never ARMY or USMC issued they were modified in field by G.I's and the Airborne alike. For the Paratrooper it was nice and compact to jump with a shorter size and for the reg G.I shortening the handle or removing the "T" all together was done as it was hazardous in field by getting caught on barbwire, ect. Some can be seen in period photographs with reg G.I's, most modifications would have been before the m43 e tool started phasing out the m1910.

A Leatherneck on Guam with a shortened m1910 - http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/427550-4/VictoryonGuam

I've seen pics of some of you 101 troops with full size m1910 shovels and thought maybe a trade could happen.

Seen and read of the size being anywhere from 17" to 19" opposed to the reg size of 22", this one is 18" long....Has U.S marking on the tang, from WPG never fielded **carrier not included**

The 1st Infantry Division... The Fighting First, the Big Red One !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: