Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Epic Militaria M37 WOOL SET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Epic Militaria M37 WOOL SET Reply with quote

So i got those wools from Epic Militaria today... it says on site that they are M37 wool pants and shirt but what i actually received was the CC shirt ( Convertible Collar which came out in early-mid 1943 so for the benefit of this review i will be referring to this style as the M43 shirt) with gas flaps and no reinforced collar or arm pleats and same coloured bottons instead of the choco chip bottons. The pant are actually the 1942 redesigned wool trousers with gas flap that are wider in thigh and ass then M37's with same coloured bottons. Which is wicked cause i bought these for my DDAY impression, but buyer beware if you are looking for actual M37 wool pants and shirt.

Overall i am quite pleased with the look and feel of these wools and cant wait to wear them this season as my 1st ID DDAY Landing Impression. As these were the mid war redesigned uniform to be more practical on the battlefield as opposed to the older classic dress fitting uniform.

New wool set, notice the same coloured buttons and non reinforced collar

The colour and cut are right.

Note the gas flap which is absent from the M37 pant as well as button colour

Here is an actual M37 wool shirt, note the sharper appearance overall especially the collar. Buttons are of the early war choco chip colour which match with the M41 field jacket and M37 pant.

Also note the pleated arm of the M37 which also gives it that sharper look compared to the M43 CC style shirt.

The 1st Infantry Division... The Fighting First, the Big Red One !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: