Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WE TT33 quick review.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfgang Schwarz
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: WE TT33 quick review. Reply with quote

Got the thing yesterday. Figured might as well write up a quick review since these GBB's are not that common yet. It was released about 3 weeks ago.
First off, I own WE P08 and 1911 and let me tell you, overall build quality with this pistol improved big time, especially when compared to older 1911's. QC is still lacking Smile Mine came in brand new, sealed in the box and still has a critical part missing. That's why I won't be doing any shooting before retailer gets back to me.

TT comes in a standard box, nothing fancy. Inside of the box you get regular engrish manual, 1 single stack 15rd mag and a pistol itself. Pistol is nicely lubricated out of the box.

Externals:
90% of this GBB is made from nice, heavy aluminum with nice finish. Finish doesn't look like bluing but it's way better than paint onmy 1911 or P08. Looks like it won't chip off like paint used on some pot metal guns. Some internal parts are steel, looks like there is no pot metal used at all. Gun has a nice kick to it when slide catch is released. Larger WE 1911 feels like a cheap toy compared to this one. Length, width, outer barrel length and diameter are matching real TT33 as far as I can tell. Height is off by 1/4 inch, but otherwise everything is proper. WE TT only has two sets of markings on it. "Я Ж 533 1941". One set is next to rear sights and one set is right behind slide catch. Just like a real deal. Small, single letter stampings on the trigger and trigger guard are absent. Most pins that are found on real pistol are properly replicated except for one and a screw holding mag release, WE used Philips screw instead of a flat that was used on original, but that's not a big deal. Even moving fake firing pin is present. Safety is also present on this GBB but it's well hidden, there is a small piece of metal coming out from behind left hand grip panel, it can be pushed down/pulled up. It blocks the trigger when pushed down. Trigger, front sight and mag release are a bit different in shape from real deal but difference can barely be noticed.
There is only 1 thing that I hate about this GBB so far. WE did very good job on replicating TT3 but for some stupid reason they slapped huge hammer on it... Thing is slightly longer than original and drives me nuts...

Internals:
TT33 field strips just like a real one. Hop up is very similar to WE's 1911 hopup. Gun needs to be field stripped in order to reveal hopup dial wheel. I haven't taken it apart past field stripping because of that issue with a missing part.

Mag:
Regular single stack 15 rd mag with proper metal loop on the bottom.

Operation:
It's a SA pistol, cannot be fired unless hammer is cocked. It does have a half cock feature just like a real TT33 to prevent accidental hammer slipping while cocking but slide can still be pulled back from half cock unlike real TT33. Mag can be dropped by just pressing mag release, not need to pull on it but fit is tight when inserting. Another minor turn off is handling. It's just as uncomfortable to hold as real pistol, especially if you have large hands and it's very slippery due to material used in hand grip panels.

Overall, this version of TT33 is probably the best out of 3 that we have on the market right now. It's 100% metal, no wobbly triggers, no plastic barrels, proper for early TT33 chrome barrel, accurate reproduction for the most part. It actually has less wobble than some real ones that I handled Smile
I'll post some pictures once I get my hand on a camera.

P.S I don't have real TT for a few years so measurements, location of pins etc was taken from interweb pics.
Wolfgang Schwarz
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
Test fired my TT at the muster this past weekend. Tested with propane and .2 BB Bastards. During first mag gun was not cycling properly and constantly double feeding, afterwards it started to function great. My guess is that mechanism needed to be worked in. Thing has a nice recoil and with hop up engaged gives out range similar to average stock AEG. Definitely out-shoots both of my WE GBBs. I couldn't really test accuracy. There was pretty high wind in the field.
Also, slide catch and front barrel bushing appear to be made from different material than the rest of GBB, paint comes off of those two parts very easy during normal use.
Now I need to liberate a holster from enemy troops Smile
Wolfgang Schwarz
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got myself soviet WW2 holster and had a chance to chrony my TT. It showed between 335 and 351 FPS with .2s and green gas, pretty consistent FPS in general. With .28 bastards I was able to hit man sized target at 35 meters no problem. Past 35 meters hop up started giving me problems when it came to consistency and backspin. Sometimes I'd get "holly s**t" crazy straight 50-55m shot and other times bb would drop dead after 35m. Gun fits in original holster like a glove but spare mag not so much. Mag is a bit larger than real one and has plastic feed lips, so I'm afraid to push it all the way in and break those lips. Next step: Get ASN Monster hop up and getting my hands on real TT for comparison/interchangeability of small parts test. Hopefully that will happen this or next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: