Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French Resistance Impression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Uniforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiftsup
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: French Resistance Impression Reply with quote

Here's my first kick at the can at a French Resistance impression.

I didn't put this together with "affordable for participation" being the primary reason (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Pictures to follow.

I don't want to look like this guy though.

11.5" brown civilian lookingberet without the leather trim found on maroon para berets etc. Bought it off of some guy on the internets that sells berets.

WPG UK Khaki Collarless shirt. (generic looking enough but tres itchy...fabric softener and woolite are your friends)

Spearhead Militaria ebay WW1 French horizon blue breeches (no stripe up the leg / thigh)...probably a wee bit too military looking but he.y they are made of wool and are roomy

WPG US 1904 marching shoe (nice shoe..I'd even wear it out with regular casual clothes like jeans). Thinner leather than WW2 boots, fairly civilian looking.

WPG WW1 UK Trouser Braces..white without any elasticity!

WPG UK Submarine sweater (generic enough looking wool sweater that kinda smells like breast milk mixed with ammonia when it absorbs sweat..ugh)

WPG UK Leather jerkin ( I thought jerkins became popular with working type civilians post ww2 but a simple google image search shows Maquis / French resistance wearing leather jerkins or something damn close.)

IMA-USA repro Adrian helmet (plenty of pics with resistance wearing Adrian helmets, helmet is in the mail. had to go repro since I have a big head and real Adrian helmets stop at 60cm IIRC, might have to paint it...dunno)

Also picked up an FFI brassard off of ebay.

Preferred airsoft gun would be one of my stens. Sold the AGM MP40.

Need to find something to hand my mills bomb off of too. Not really up to carrying a purse. Might pick up a WW1 German leather belt from sofmilitary or use my FJ leather belt and de-Axisify(?) the buckle.
shiftsup
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Cassar, if and when you have some time could you post a pic or two of my impression from the FR skirmish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Uniforms All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: