Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Wold Airsoft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Vendors/Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Red Wold Airsoft Reply with quote

Address is:

redwolfairsoft.com

I'm obviously not an airsoft expert but I came across this Hong Kong company when searching for if you can get a Lee Enfield airsoft rifle (out of interest) as I know I certainly would be interested in one if I move out. This website actually sells one but I have since remembered the laws on moving guns and realised it might nit be possible to obtain one but they still ship alot of other stuff countries.

The company has very, very mixed reviews. I don't think I've ever seen such drastically different reviews for a company in my life.

Pro's:

- Very quick service.
- Everything you order will come, and arguably in acceptable order (I say acceptable in that apparently the products are easy to repair but is that what you want from a new weapon?).
- The products that do arrive have been acclaimed to be good quality...when working.
- Despite reports, that have been known to solve problems well.

Con's:

- The constant reoccurring complaint is that their customer service is appalling. Very slow to respond, if they respond at all, and when they do it can often be with lies.
- They're products and shipping are very pricey. Understandably it's weapons we're dealing with here but the common theme seems to be $100 minimum shipping costs, not including the expensive products themselves.
- The products can often be broken when they arrive requiring more repairs, but this varies in cases.
- Have been stories of not advertising out of stock items well enough.
- Can give wrong information on their products.

Clearly very mixed reviews and I'll leave it to your discretion to decide if you want to trust them with your money. Of course you won't know for sure what their like till you order from them. But personally, they do look rather 'shifty'. I would personally say keep your distance, but decide for yourselves.

Will keep my eye out for other reviews.

Joe.

Edit:

Might be more to your taste's - http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=35605

Last edited by Joe on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mr.shiney
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And almost impossible to import into Canada legally, unless you really do your homework, and follow the CBSA processes.

Even then, no guarantee.

6 Section, 2 Forward Observation Unit Airborne, Royal Artillery
Level 2 Certified BA Sniper
Sniper Instructor (Fieldcraft)
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much. But the more I looked into this company the more...well...shocking it got. Don't want anyone to fall into their...'trap' I guess you can call it.
buellxbk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe. I have dealt with Redwolf a few times over the last couple of years and so far no problems. The shipping is on par with other companies in that end of the world. The product I have gotten has all been of good quality. But keep in mind this is my experience only. I do the same as I assume you do, that is to read the reviews to try and get a feel for the company you might want to deal with and sometimes that is darn near impossable because the reviews are so mixed. Lots of folks have had terrible expierence with Evike out of the states (Cal I think) and I looked everywhere so I wouldn't have to deal with them but what I needed they had in stock when no else did so I took a chance and three orders later I am still happy. In this world of airsoft it is really hit and miss with suppliers it seems. So far I have been really lucky.
Now with Redwolf I think they deal alot with china clone stuff as far as parts which is where some folks might be having bad experiences. I try to stick to more or less brand names and like I said so far so good. Now guns I don't even touch trying to bring them in. I have a buddy here who owns Shrike airsoft (yes that is a plug) and I leave that up to him as he is a legal importer. When you get to this side of the pond check him out. I know he can get Thompsons (king arms) and STENs (AGM) and quite a few Axis weapons, he might be able to help you out. A few of the fellows on here have dealt with him and will vouch for him as well i'm sure.
deltaop1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Over the years a few people on my team (including myself) have ordered products from Redwolf. In all cases up to now we did receive the parts ordered as promised and in the condition that we expected them to be in. We have never had to deal with the Customer Services department so I cannot comment on their effectiveness. We have never ordered weapons from Redwolf as importing these items are restricted, just accessories and parts.

The problem that we face in Canada is that sometimes we need some parts or accessories that Canadian based vendors don't have in stock or don't even carry. A good example are weapon magazines, vendors may carry the weapon but often they don't sell extra magazines. Therefore we have to source from Redwolf and other non-Canadian vendors. Hopefully things will improve over time but that is an issue in the Canadian market sometimes.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Vendors/Websites All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: