Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ads on OAWWIIR main website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> OWWIIR Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Ads on OAWWIIR main website Reply with quote

Alright, if you have been on the main website you might have noticed that there are ads now on the site. I'm hoping that they are not too distracting nor do they take away from the site. At least that was my intention.

As much as I would like to keep funding the website this might not be possible, especially as the website and the organization continues to grow, purchase of more ban width, etc. Anyway, my goal is to try to keep the cost to the OAWWIIR members to $0.00. Hence the Ads.

The way this works is that the more people look at the ads the more money the site generates. I'm not telling you to click on the sites, because I can't do that. But if you see a vendor that might interest you then have a look.

I've asked that the Ads be relavent to our members, but if there are no relavent Ads they will throw other Ads at us. So, I'm hoping that you will see new vendors and check them out and let us know which are good and which may not be so good. Remember, only recommend vendors that you have dealt with and have had a good experience with.

Also, if you see any Ads that are totally wrong for our site then please let me know so that I can ban these vendors.

As alway, I am interested in what you think so let me know. After all this is your site.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, have you considered setting up some kind of Paypal account (or similar process), where interested members could donate money to support the website/organization?
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another option that I have thought about. I may do that depending how the members feel about the ads or how well the ads do.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I didn't notice the ads until I read this thread.

Now that I look at them, I think you did a good job of blending them in using the white space on both sides. I was expecting some ugly banner across the top of each page or something.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's good to hear... I guess. I'm not sure how many hits I'll get if no one notice them. Laughing But glad to hear that it didn't take away from the website.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: The Ads have been removed from the website Reply with quote

The Ads have been removed from the website. I will not go into a long detailed account as to why they were remove... let's just say that Google and I did not see eye-to-eye! Not to mention the bandwidth that it was eating up!!

In the nest few days I will be placing a Paypal button for donations to support the website. This will be for anyone that wishes to support the website.

Thanks,
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> OWWIIR Website All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: