Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review for the M14 AEG clone and the vendor www.buyairsoft.c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Review for the M14 AEG clone and the vendor www.buyairsoft.c Reply with quote

This review is about the M14 Clone and www.buyairsoft.ca

After I converted my TM M14 to an M1 Garand I decided that I still wanted a M14 but I was not prepared to pay another $600 to $700 to outfit myself with a TM model. So, I looked to the clones that are available and I thought that I would give it a try. Worst that could happen is that I would upgrade all the internals.

I ordered the M14 clone that is available from www.buyairsoft.ca for $315. With shipping and GST it came to approx. $360. So, what did I get for my money?

M14
2x High-cap Mags
8.4 1500 battery
Wall charger
Scope mount
Cleaning rod
Sling
Tools & extra screws
Approx. 600 BBs

Not bad for $360 (that’s with shipping and taxes included)… You are setup and pretty much ready to go right out of the box. The rifle and accessories are packaged in a Styrofoam bottom and a cardboard top. It is packaged for a company called SPD, which is located in the US. Which could explain why the rifle had the red/orange tip. This was not a big deal, a little black spray paint and the tip was black. Buyairsoft shipped the package in another box, which helped to protect it even more.

So, what did I like about it…

The price for one. I was shooting .25 bbs and the distance and accuracy were excellent. They did a nice job with the wood faux finish, I even think that it’s better then the TM version. The rifle handles and feels just like the TM. Most of the TM parts will fit on this clone. I got several kills with it, which is always good. I will have to wait to see how this rifle will hold out after several games.

So, what didn’t I like about it…

DO NOT use the sling that comes with it, it broke the first time I threw the rifle over the shoulder. Rifle hitting ground is not a good thing. I’m not crazy about the red tip but like I said above a little flat black spray paint and it’s gone. There are others ways to get rid of this as well. The TM and GP low and mid cap mags would not stay in place but the high cap was fine. I also tried the King Arms mid caps and they work perfectly.

The battery needed to be recharged after the morning’s skirmishes… it did not hold a full day’s charge. You may want to purchase a better battery if you do not have a spare

Overall, I would recommend the vendor and this M14 kit, especially to anyone who is just getting in to this sport/hobby or if you are on a budget. This also makes a good backup weapon. I think the MP40 they have list on their website will be my next purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: