Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HFC Mauser HSC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: HFC Mauser HSC Reply with quote

I just bought a little Mauser HSC pistol. It's about the size of a Walter PPK, but this particular model comes with an (unrealistic) threaded barrel and silencer. It also, unfortunately, had the tip of the barrel painted red/orange, which I'm in the process of removing.

The gun itself is NBB, holds 10 rounds and gas is loaded directly into the pistol grip and not the tiny little magazine. The magazine does not have any kind of feed lip to hold the bbs in place, so carrying spare magazines, which are hard to find anyways, is impossible.

It's built mostly out of plastic, with a metal trigger, inner barrel and gas chamber. It feels very light and looks obviously plastic. The red barrel tip certainly doesn't help either.

However, I think it was an ok purchase considering the price. You've got a decent holster filler that can fire 10 shots and make some noise. However, I think you'd have better luck mercying people rather than trying to hit them.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you any PICs of the little guy and where did you pick it up?
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from www.buyairsoft.ca

Here's the actual link: http://buyairsoft.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=225

I bought it for two reasons; I thought the little Mauser would be a fun gun, and I wanted to "test the waters" so to speak with a new airsoft retailer. This last point is especially important since they had the MP40 (albeit out of stock) and i wanted to make sure I was confident with my purchase.

I only found out about the red barrel tip after I heard some rumors on ASC. When I finally read the terms and conditions page on buyairsoft's website, I know it was true. Unfortunately, neither the pictures for item description mentioned this.

My feelings on them are mixed. I suppose on some weapons, like pistols, the paint would be a hassle. On rifles with removable flash hiders and such, you may be ok. My verdict would be that as a retailer, they seem to have decent prices and a big selection of items, most of which are now out of stock.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just made a recent purchase from them as well. I will be posting a review of the gun and the site shortly.

I believe they are getting their product from the States, hence the the red/orange tips. I little black spray paint will solve that. I've painted a clear springer pistol before and no one could tell.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got rid of most of the red paint, except near the front site. I'll leave it there because it helps to aim somewhat.

I used a razor blade to scrape away the paint. In the end, it isn't half bad and a lot better than bright red. I found that even after wed sanding with 1200 grit sandpaper, the plastic was still dull, but rubbing a little AI silicone oil made it shiny and helped it blend in with the rest of the slide.
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think ill be purchasing from BA until they have actual vendor names on their products instead of "high end, low end"
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrEvolution wrote:
I dont think ill be purchasing from BA until they have actual vendor names on their products instead of "high end, low end"

The manufacturer for most of them are Jing Jung
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking this gun to a game, my recommendation is NOT to buy this unless you want it for the impression, rather than functionality.

The magazine is held in place by a spring/friction, and thus it is easily accidentally removed. Also, the magazine has no bb feed lip, so when the magazine is even slighly removed, all the bbs will jump out.

The only solution would be to tape the magazine to the pistol. Depending on the situation, reloading and retaping the magazine may or may not be difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: