Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018 and 2017 Recap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Up Coming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: 2018 and 2017 Recap. Reply with quote

Gents, ladies and et all..
I am glad to see some activity still on this forum, as much as Facebook has taken over.
I am trying to be conscious of this space here and "co-post" information pertaining to events, in order to keep activity alive.

There's been a few individuals who have wondered what happened to this group here, not realizing it's simply got "Facebook'd"

2017 Recap
For those not on facebook.. Blank Fire has taken off.
There is a solid Russian unit that has grown to 20-30 guys, and we've done a few solid events thus far.

Even within the Blank Fire world, Allied side has dwindled down here in Ontario.

9th SS starting a side chapter to reflect the East Front developments, combining with remainder KG Haase to form a 3rd SS Unit.
2017 coming to an end, we've had 1 event a month.. Recently accomplished a training event with the Russian Forces last weekend (Dec 8-10th)
Previous years we have not been able to, due to interest or weather.

I am very proud to see we have developed the kit and skills to not make this an issue.

I hope to see more activity in regards to Airsoft and/or Allied side of things, I know a few have asked for this.
I have tried to host one big event, to no avail at no fault of any particular person or party.
It just was not meant to be. I plan to re-attempt a few 1 day events for 2018.

Who is still active here and what are the interests?

I know for most of the 9th, we are head deep into the Blank fire with the East front, as mentioned above.

Most of the Allied forces here are into the European events it would seem?
I have spoken with a few German Re-enactors abroad, and hope to attend this event.

And the remainder are doing the Public events?

Please sound off.

2018 Schedule thus far:

January 20: Public event (Ost Front. Keswick ON)
Feb 23-25 Kirovgrad. Blankfire, Ost front. Angry Loner Ranch
March TBA - Unit training.
April - TBA Live fire training
May - TBA
June 8-10 Aquino Public event Oshawa ON
July 6-8 Ostfront (Subject to change) Angry Loner Ranch
August - TBA Fort George Niagara region.
September TBA - Woodsman, Airsoft. Spencerville ON
October - TBA - Fall tactical. Angry Loner Ranch.
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounding off here John. It logged me out at some point so I didn't notice this until I saw your facebook post.

I plan on attending Fort George, woodsman, and Oshawa this year. Depending on scheduling I would like to possibly coordinate a training session for March/April, and possibly host something in May.

Hopefully more respond to this post with their 2 cents, especially with availability.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Ian.

Hoping for the same.. There's a few responses in the Facebook group (Again, facebook'd)

We'll talk about training in March, be good to get the ball rolling slowly.. And hopefully gather more interest as we go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Up Coming Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: