Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AEG MG42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Weapons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: AEG MG42 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm looking at picking one of these up soon and I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it, good or bad, before I do that may influence my decision.

I'd love to get one of the G&G models, but it's a little out of my price range, for now at least.

Thanks.

Dan
Wilhelm Heinzl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be comming to operation Hannibal on the 23rd? There may be one there you can up close and personal look. There will also be plenty of axis weapons to see.
Dagger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did, it would be strictly as an observer, if that's allowed. I'm still quite a ways from having enough basic kit to participate. Coupled with the fact that I am completely naive about upcoming events, I should probably attempt to find out some more information on Operation Hannibal.

I was actually going to head up to TorontoAirsoft this week as they have one in stock. If it's as good quality as I've been lead to believe, I'll probably get it on the spot. I've done as much research on the internet as I can so I'm really interested in hearing a first hand account of someone here who may already own one of these or handled one. Heck even someone who's seen it in action would be a bonus. I'm ex-military and played paintball for years, but I know just about nothing on Airsoft. Trying quickly to remedy that.
Wilhelm Heinzl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on Facebook. I recommend comming out. People are usually good about lending spares. Don't worry about lack of airsoft experience. Main thing is to get out there.
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2541
OP Hannibal information.

One fellow from 5FJR could be attending (Rolf) He may have some spare kit.

Out of the box, it should get some minor TLC. The microswitch inside the mechbox that activates the drum mag is finicky, most guys remove this from the get go. I was playing with the switch after removal, came apart/broke shortly after.
Past that, it's good.

Give this a look over:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=161920

I hope to have mine out at Hannibal, working out some feeding issues and some other minor tweaks at the moment.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate.
Dagger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, thanks very much guys.

I watched the videos of the weapons operation and what I could find on the components but those are generally from the manufacturers perspective. I'll have to look into the microswitch issue as I learn more about airsoft weapons. Johann, the link you provided for the weapon is some seriously indepth modifications. I feel light years away from that knowledge level but it's great information just the same. Unfortunately the facebook link doesn't work. States the page is unavailable.

As for jumping into the game, I'm not really a both feet kinda guy, but I'd love to be able to make it down, observe and meet people who are well versed in this shared interest. Once I get up to speed, then I'll happily join in the actual events.

Again, thanks for the assistance.
Dagger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did it. I picked up the MG42. Unfortunately it's not all sunshine and roses. The stock had a one inch crack in it for starters. Something I missed when going over it. Then after I got it home and started assembly, one of the tangs that hold the bipod to the main body just fell off. Someone missed a weld. Anyway, in order to get those parts fixed I actually have to return the whole weapon and pick up another one. Trouble with that is TO airsoft is closed after tomorrow until February, so it'll be a few weeks before I'm able to get the new one that I can actually start modifying. Sigh.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Weapons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: