Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ww2 Brit Airborne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Uniforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soggy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: ww2 Brit Airborne Reply with quote

Hey guys working on my uniform this is what i was basing my purchases on any help would be apreciated,

WW2 British Paratrooper Battle Dress Uniform
P40 Battle dress blouse , P40 Battle dress trousers, Cap, p37 webbing, Denison Smock, maroon beret , gaitors, boots cap comforter small pack and anything else needed tpo finish out the load out, i was hoping to use puttees instead of gaiters but im open to the groups dress code

referring to this pic thanx guys

Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of us, if not all, picked up our smock from what price glory. They are also a good source for ammo boots, although I recommend getting a size larger than you normally wear so you can double your socks while wearing them. They also make a nice cap comforter and wool gloves, and a decent beret. Remember to use the link on our site to help with the forums.

As for webbing, pm carl black militaria as he is a great source for any commonwealth gear.

I would also advise you leave the dress blouse towards the end of that list, unless you want your dress uniform for living history, as it is very hot in the summer without it under the Dennison.

Look at spearhead militaria on ebay for either para pants, or the standard ones. A local surplus store might have the standard if you are lucky as well.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
Soggy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the advise sounds good
shiftyc

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thingsmilitary or MilitaryTour are also great places to get small stuff like the badges, sniper veil, etc.

Pte. Will T (Re-enactor) - 1st Can Para - British 6th Airborne Div.
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with the gaiters, not saying puttees were never used, but gaiters were the norm.

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Soggy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough thanx guys
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the conversion, this supplier might be a little expensive but SOF do great para trousers at 100. Don't forget you'll need braces though!

They also do good webbing. You can buy it new if you want at 100 (basic webbing set, doesn't include bayonet or entrenching tool but does have everything else) or do what I did and buy it second-hand. Their catalouge says 50 but I got it after Christmas for 40. It's already blancoed but has it is used it is often mix and match so they do recommend you re-blanco it.

As they say, save your dress until end. It will get hot and you often won't wear until 'nights out'. lol. I currently don't have my BD top, ran out of money. lol. Although in my unit (don't know what this unit's advise is) we do buy a second belt for parade's ect.

Here's the link:

sofmilitary.co.uk

Remember to factor in international postage charge.

Hope it helps.
Joe.
Airsoft Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Uniform help! Reply with quote

Sorry, I hope this is the right chat to post this in but I was working on my impression of a British paratrooper and I've got my ww2 AEG replica and my British pouches and boot wraps as well as beret and british brodie helmet but I'm looking for a place in Canada that sells Ww2 uniforms and I've had no luck
In finding a uniform.

If someone could possibly recommend me to a store or website in Canada that would be very appreciated!

Thanks,Jake.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Uniform help! Reply with quote

Airsoft Enthusiast wrote:
Sorry, I hope this is the right chat to post this in but I was working on my impression of a British paratrooper and I've got my ww2 AEG replica and my British pouches and boot wraps as well as beret and british brodie helmet but I'm looking for a place in Canada that sells Ww2 uniforms and I've had no luck
In finding a uniform.

If someone could possibly recommend me to a store or website in Canada that would be very appreciated!

Thanks,Jake.

Military Tour is the only Canadian retailer. You can also try different Army surplus stores... sometimes you can get lucky.

But most guys get there stuff from What Price Glory or At the front... both in the US. I prefer WPG.
Airsoft Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your help I'm really looking forward to finishing my impression.
Karsten Heidt
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get battledress, ensure you don't get the very common P49 stuff...it is instantly recognizable as post-war by the open collar. Wartime P37 had a stand-up collar. Also, a Brodie helmet will do as a stopgap, but you should get a proper Helmet, Airborne Troops Mk. I, preferably with the leather rather than web chinstrap as this was more common and is good for the whole war. WPG has one. A large amount of very useful uniform and equipment reference can be had here:

http://www.perthregiment.org/rperth2.html

http://www.justordinarymen.org.uk/

Save yourself hassle and needless expense having to rebuy stuff, research carefully, and ask lots of questions. The knowledge is there for the taking!
Airsoft Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of replacing the brodie but for now it will do as uniform costs will start to add up quickly aha

But thanks for the info and site recomendations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Allied Uniforms All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: