Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original or repro ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Gear/Uniforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Original or repro ? Reply with quote

After I read this thread :

http://ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

I'm curious to know what people prefer, original or repro ?

Personnaly, I never bought WWII equipments or uniforms for the moment, but I think I will buy repro because I will be a little anxious to damage original. Also repro is less expensive.

I would like to know your opinion about it
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheese, you are asking about uniforms, right? If not then this is the same question that Fader is asking. His is specific to gear.

If you are talking about uniforms then I would have to say repro.

As you said I wouldn't want to damage the real thing out in the field. Not to mention the paintball paint that is out in the fields. Plus, again as you said repro is much cheaper.

However, my next project is to put together a dress uniform andf that will be authentic. I'm not sure if anyone even makes repro dress uniforms. If they do and any one knows where to find them then please post it here or contact me.

see my post in Fader's thread to see a run down of my impression.

Eventually, clicking on a person's name in the OAWWIIR UNIT section will show a list of that person's gear and maybe pictures.
pvt. Ivan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly I would not wear original unifor/equipment in the field. Except for bayonet and helmet. I wouldn't wnat damage original item and I can't really afford original uniform. For good original german tunik one might pay few thousand dollars. Repro stuff way cheaper and you can get anything in your size. Plas you wouldn't care if it gets field wear, actually thats the goal. To make your self look like front line soldier, not some FNG just out of depo.
So I say go repro!
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repro. I might be tempted to use original webbing (a vetern in my village actually offered me some for free) as that stuff is pretty hard to ruin. But the uniform is just to valuable and has so much history. However, that said, I would be tempted to use an original denison (for displays only) as you just can't seem to a get a repro with the correct pattern. One of my mates in my unit actually uses an original if I'm not mistaken.

Lee, I just flicked through SOFs catalogue and I believe they do have the dress uniform. I obviously don't totally know what it involved but right infront of me they have the Ike's jacket, the M1937 wool trousers, the officers dark olive or field shirt with either tan or choclate brown tie with the garrison hat and a whole bunch of the isnignia stuff. According to the catalogue (and you can confirm this) the trousers were worn with the sshirt and trousers as the dress uniform. All repro. You can obviously look up the price's yourself but I can give you the catalogue price's if you want (although they may be different online).

Hope it helps.
Joe.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Repro. I might be tempted to use original webbing (a vetern in my village actually offered me some for free) as that stuff is pretty hard to ruin. But the uniform is just to valuable and has so much history. However, that said, I would be tempted to use an original denison (for displays only) as you just can't seem to a get a repro with the correct pattern. One of my mates in my unit actually uses an original if I'm not mistaken.

Lee, I just flicked through SOFs catalogue and I believe they do have the dress uniform. I obviously don't totally know what it involved but right infront of me they have the Ike's jacket, the M1937 wool trousers, the officers dark olive or field shirt with either tan or choclate brown tie with the garrison hat and a whole bunch of the isnignia stuff. According to the catalogue (and you can confirm this) the trousers were worn with the sshirt and trousers as the dress uniform. All repro. You can obviously look up the price's yourself but I can give you the catalogue price's if you want (although they may be different online).

Hope it helps.
Joe.

Hi Joe,

Actually this thread is about 6 years old so I've put my A Class uniform together. But always interested in looking at new retailers. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Gear/Uniforms All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: