Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HFC Mauser M712 Pistol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawdog

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdkfz234 wrote:
Um... I don't believe there was a holster problem, and hence no solution was required. Unless you're asking me what kind of holster I have, in which case it's a leather holster made for the U.S forces in Manila during the Spanish-American war. I bought it from eBay and I'm uncertain if its original or repro. It doesn't completely close, but I've been told to use some kind of leather conditioner in order to stretch it and make it fit. However, that might not be necessary for me anymore because...

I just got my wooden stock/holster today and I love it. It puts the pistol at just the right spot when shouldered and is a very stable platform. The gun fits perfectly inside, however I will have to do a little work in order to make the stock securely lock into place on the pistol. It's a pretty tight fit right now, but I might as well take advantage of the locking mechanism. I'll post pics when I have time to take them and find a solution to posting them as well. I will probably update the sale thread for the leather holster, since there is definitely no longer a need to keep the hip holster anymore.

Ah yes, I had remembered that it would not close and thought you had gotten one that would close, my error.

Congrats on the stock. That will be one field-worthy weapon once you have the stock the way you want it. Let me know if you post the holster, because based on your glowing review I just ordered one of these babies from A&A.

LD
*crash*
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine a few days ago... can't wait to field it. Just gotta find me one of dem dare fancy schmancy wood holster thingies...
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine through a Redwolf Airsoft group order from ASC. They were/are the only overseas retailer to have them in-stock. WGC has been out since the beginning of the year.

Sometimes on eBay you will find ones from China. The cost works out to be almost the same (I paid roughly $100 for mine), but I have the satisfaction of buying a brand new item; one that doesn't smell (according to some?)

The stock takes a bit to get used too. The pistol grip on the M712 was fun enough to get accustumed too, you'll have to change again. It's not bad though, because now you're basically pulling the gun into your shoulder, instead of trying to hold it up. Only the hinged door is a big loose, but that can easily be fixed.

I was initially worried about the stock being wobbly (so I read somewhere), but mine's rock solid. There's a bit of friction when attaching and removing it, and as such a bit of the fake wood has worn off on the back of the grips, but no big deal. It won't be visible with the stock attached or with pistol in hand.

On a side note, I feel tempted to buy another M712 and keep it inside the stock. A gun inside a gun?
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say thats a bit of Spetznas ingenuity there haha.
*crash*
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... sounds like a good SS Sturmpioniere to me Mr. Green
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=38207

Fella says it holds broomhandle mags. thought I would share.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a Chinese or NVA magazine pouch. Not very WW2-like. My map case (see thread under Axis Gear) holds plently of magazines, it can even hold the broomhandle plus two spare magazines!

Side note: That's a nice BHP he's got.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a place that sells the wooden stock/holster for the Mauser. These are Chinese-made ones. http://www.milita.cn/product.asp?id=419
*crash*
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent find... very well done.
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my language, but... Jesus H. Christ!

AA Surplus now shows 6 M712's in stock, up from 2 a few days ago. Who's buying them all?
lawdog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my M712 through the paces on the Chrony at home last night and thought I would share the results.

With propane shots were 325-340 fps (.20g)

With duster it dropped off to about 265-280 (.20g)

I find those to be o/s numbers for a handgun.

By comparison my Luger was clocking in 25-35 fps less with either gas.

LD
sdkfz234

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got similar numbers with the chrony at FR. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the 380fps most places advertised, but it could reach that high on a hot day Smile

If you got between 25-35fps less with the Luger, that's not bad either. I thought they clocked in around 240fps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: